Where to buy OEM Tail Light

10 replies to this topic
  • bwalky

Posted June 22, 2005 - 02:24 PM

I'm looking to get a new right rear tail light, or more specifically, the rubber stem. I bought a used 2000 XR650L and it has some replacement stem that is longer and flimsier than stock. I can't stand how it flaps around. Actually my riding partner can't stand it!! I was also curious if maybe it was put on to move the light away from the aftermarket FMF Q2 pipe it has. Would heat be too much of an issue with the stock stem? Thanks for any info!

• Chooch

Posted June 22, 2005 - 06:31 PM

Do yourself a favor and lose the "TV-set" they put on there.

Check out THIS SITE for a low profile replacement....my favorite mod!

If you still want that eyesore they put on at Honda I'll look and see if I threw mine away...shipping and it's yours!

Edit- I just reread ...you say tail light when I think you mean turn signal or marker lights....THE AMBER ONES! I went to the local shop and picked up two small cheap (10 bucks) marker light that say they are not DOT blinkers on the package but certainly can be used/wired as such. Then I said screw it and lost them completely and now use hand signals.
Just the same I'll look for those too...

BTW, the same site has replacement signals too.

• XR-Det

Posted June 23, 2005 - 03:43 AM

I think the 4strokes website that Chooch posted also offers a bunch of those rubber mounted turn signals...

If you want OEM parts I think www.servicehonda.com has good prices.

If it was really that original taillight you should find plenty used ones (maybe eBay) since everyone removes those for the low profile version.

• coorsleftfield

Posted June 23, 2005 - 05:04 AM

I wouldn't buy from 4strokesonly if you ever want to actually receive your part. Good look actually getting a hold of him, there is no shopping cart application, and he never returns calls. If you do get your order placed, if he actually ships it, it will take weeks.

• goblin127

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:13 AM

The four strokes only light is the way to go it is hard to get hold of though but worth the wait.This is not a dot. tail light,and is not the most luminous as far as safety goes.Check out the one at baja design,its probably the best over all size and safty wise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bwalky

Posted June 23, 2005 - 07:03 AM

Sorry guys, I meant to say right rear turn signals, yes the amber ones. My bad. Aside from that, I have been considering getting the low profile light, but has been lower on my list of mods.

• XR-Det

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:10 AM

hehehe, I know what you mean - I've seen those flimsy aftermarket crap turn signal mounts that almost bend from the weight of the plastic housing on the end... I doubt that those would save the glass better in the case of a crash.

• Chooch

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:18 AM

I wouldn't buy from 4strokesonly if you ever want to actually receive your part. Good look actually getting a hold of him, there is no shopping cart application, and he never returns calls. If you do get your order placed, if he actually ships it, it will take weeks.

There is SOME truth to that...the man keeps a very flexible schedule and it can be quite frustrating...I and many others I know will attest to that.

However, nobody I know NEVER got their stuff or was "ripped-off" in anyway. In the end, i can say I've waited just as long for things from my dealer...the only consolation being, they are always there to give me some BS story/excuse when I call.

• Choporama

Posted July 02, 2005 - 10:43 AM

I've had good luck with bikebandit.com for any OEM parts

• irace511

Posted July 02, 2005 - 11:16 AM

If you want OEM parts I think www.servicehonda.com has good prices.

:) :) :D

• chiricahua

Posted July 02, 2005 - 09:38 PM

Both Tail and markers.

http://www.xrsonly.c...reet_legal.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.