jet in carbi throat

4 replies to this topic
  • 450high

Posted June 22, 2005 - 02:49 AM

what does the jet in the intake throat of the carbi do.What does going up and down achieve.
Many thanks dave

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 22, 2005 - 04:11 AM

PAJ jet - Pilot air jet. Provides air to pilot circuit. Generally as the pilot jet goes up the PAJ needs to go up. 125 PAJ or 100 PAJ and 48 pilot is a good fit. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RADRick

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:57 AM

No offense Indy, but I think he was referring to the jet needle.

The needle is tapered and rides in a jet orifice called the main jet. As the throttle opens the needle raises. The taper creates a larger opening in the main jet as it rises, which allows more fuel to pass through. The taper can be designed for better performance by changing its shape, i.e. the points along its length where the tapering begins and how quickly it tapers.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 22, 2005 - 09:44 AM

Your right RADRick! I misunderstood the question. :)

• 450high

Posted June 23, 2005 - 03:57 AM

Indy & Radrick thanks for the info.I was asking about the PAJ that indy answered but thanks to both for the replys.All replys are informing and help one to understand the workings of my beast some more.
Once again thanks to all.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.