Tire recommendation required for WR450

12 replies to this topic
  • paulkimson

Posted June 22, 2005 - 12:57 AM

Hello!
May I ask you to give me a tip for right tire for my 05 WR 450F?
Nomally, I was riding on Hard/Mid terrain with 30% on road riding.
For me, I should change my rear tire after 500 miles run as above.

Thank you advance for your tip!

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 22, 2005 - 04:13 AM

Go with DOT tires like the Pirelli MT21 for a lot of road riding. :)

• paulkimson

Posted June 22, 2005 - 06:37 AM

Thank you!

• bob_mcmahon

Posted June 22, 2005 - 06:48 AM

I run the dunlop D739 compound. Best I have had so far. I tried different ones and like the dunlop best for wear.

• no names left

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:21 AM

I ride about the same terrain with some highway. Around here, Vail Colorado, the Dunlop D606 is popular. I have a couple hundred miles on mine. Its an all around tire so it seems OK on about everything and not so great at anything. Seems like the nature of the beast for DOT approved.

• 59xfish

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:27 AM

I run the Kenda Trails tires and they work super good in Nevada single track and hold up really good on the street as well. It is a really soft compound and it is DOT approved. Check it out.
Peace.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:31 AM

30% road riding... :)

The MT21 wears pretty darn well but I don't like the front... I too have heard great things about the D606 on the rear. I just don't know what a good front tire is for some road riding... Keep the replies coming..

• JTWR450

Posted June 22, 2005 - 10:32 AM

Kenda Carlsbad....last forever and are cheap.

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 22, 2005 - 11:18 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone tried the Michelin Desert front tire. It's DOT and looks really aggressive. Just wondering if anyone's given it a try.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 22, 2005 - 12:19 PM

I run it on the front of my KTM and so does Brian Vinceer the guy we rode with up in Michigan on the memorial day weekend. Awesome front tire and wears well yet is very soft! Not very good in mud but fine in sand. Loves rocks. :) Very expensive!

• paulkimson

Posted June 23, 2005 - 03:31 AM

Thank you all!
RX 125
WR 450F
Seoul, Korea

• skidxr

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:07 AM

I ran the Kenda Trackmaster II front and rear on my XR250 and they worked great and lasted all season and into the next... I don't know how they would do on my WR450 since it has a tad more power than the old XR... But I think I am going to try them again..

• cgun

Posted June 23, 2005 - 02:56 PM

The only thing I found a bit lacking on the Kenda TrackMaster rear is that it doesn't have as good of a side bite as the factory Dunlops on my WR450. I find it harder to stay out of the ruts. Other than that they are great!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.