Is this dent suppose to be in the stock 426 exhaust?

15 replies to this topic
  • grant426

Posted June 21, 2005 - 11:37 PM

Is this dent suppose to be on the stock 00' 426 exhaust? This pipe came with my used bike that already has a white brothers pipe on it and I was going to sell the stock one but did not want to if it were damaged. I know they sometimes have dents for clearance issues and installation.

Posted Image

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 22, 2005 - 12:57 AM

Sure is. If you search for stock exhaust dent you should get a few thousand replies about it. :)

I freaked out when I saw it on my 450 too.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 22, 2005 - 02:50 AM

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can then that's the dent to make room for the brake caliper when the suspension bottoms. :)

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 22, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can then that's the dent to make room for the brake caliper when the suspension bottoms. :)

yep! i also thought this was a rock dent when i first noticed it.

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 22, 2005 - 01:22 PM

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can .....

Posted Image

I had to copy his link and go in a different window to get it to show. Here's the pic for the lazy/un-internet-savvy out there. :)

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 26, 2005 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image

I had to copy his link and go in a different window to get it to show. Here's the pic for the lazy/un-internet-savvy out there. :)

I had no idea that this dent was pre-made for clearance. I thought I had bottomed out hard and dented it myself. Very interesting....Thanks for passing along :)

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 26, 2005 - 04:35 PM

Btw, here's what it looks like on my '04 YZ450...

Posted Image

That's the pic I took to file the claim with before I realized it was supposed to be there! :)

• DoctorRzed

Posted June 26, 2005 - 04:48 PM

yep :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slowmotion426

Posted June 26, 2005 - 08:31 PM

Don't feel bad. I thought I had bottomed out and put a dent in my 426 myself. Then I noticed that everybody had a dent. :)

• thumper victim

Posted June 27, 2005 - 06:18 PM

do any of you guys ever just go to a dealer & just look @ new bikes or are you mail ordering them/ebay purchases. :)

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 28, 2005 - 12:58 AM

Sure I go to the dealer to look at bikes...

But when I buy one, I buy it from Mike at Rock River Powersports and have him ship it to me.

I got my YZ 450 from him for $5100 shipped. The local guys wanted full retail with prep and shipping added ($6199 + $700 + taxes) and wouldn't budge.

I just went to look at trading my kids pw50 in at two local dealers. One would take the bike as trade on a TTR90e and give me $1470 OTD. The other would take the pw in trade and give me $1890 OTD. Keep in mind both of those were with a $1699 retail price.

Mike will ship a TTR90 to me for $1450 and I can sell my pw on my own.

I want to support a local dealer, but come on, these guys are trying to rape me.

• Slowmotion426

Posted June 28, 2005 - 01:12 AM

do any of you guys ever just go to a dealer & just look @ new bikes or are you mail ordering them/ebay purchases. :)

When I get ready for a new bike, which is several times a year- I just have my butler Jeeves carry a briefcase full of cash to the dealer and they deliver the bike. I don't have time to look it over.

• joe walsh

Posted June 28, 2005 - 01:33 AM

yes...

• Sam_66

Posted June 28, 2005 - 04:25 PM

Does Rock River Powersports ship to Ontario?

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:41 PM

Does Rock River Powersports ship to Ontario?

Email Mike and ask him.

Mike DuClos mike@rockriverpowersports.com

I'm pretty sure he's the owner. They're very nice people and very eager to do business with you. Tell him you heard about him on Thumpertalk.

• thumper victim

Posted June 28, 2005 - 07:05 PM

la yamaha in marina del rey is the place to get a yammie out here in la there's no set up fees or other rip-offs involved,got my fz6 for 6999 out the door,probably pick up a watercraft later in the year from these guys also.,absolutely no haggling. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.