06 XR650r

2 replies to this topic
  • Eric Henion

Posted June 21, 2005 - 09:27 PM

I just checked out the Honda web site and all I could find different for 06 is new stickers. Bummer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted June 21, 2005 - 09:59 PM

Did you notice when ya compare 'similar models' it brings up the 2004 XR400... :)

Thats sad.

In the last 6 years Honda has come out with the 650R and two great MX bikes,with their half sister off-road versions...oh yeah-the CRF230 and 110....

KTM has come out with 3 525's, the 400 and then the 3 450's. The LC8 in three trims, the all new SFX 250, the 625, the 200 and an incredible Hard Parts catalogue...they now a major force in just about all off-road racing on earth.
Honda dominates? In Baja and on the 450 mx world.

Red has got to get some product to market- some innovative, reliable, interesting, set the tone, affordable and exciting product!

Give us a XR440 dual sport with a plate.
Give us a CRF600X
Give us a 450 and 600 in full motard trim.
Give us back the XR line!
Give us a technology transfer--fuel injection? carbon fiber? a Ti frame? two wheel drive? Give us some excitement. The 450R is awesome. But Honda seems to have all its eggs in one basket.

And for sure Honda needs to get rid of their Off Road Race Manager! First they loose Ricky, now they havent won in Baja for a year! When was the last time Honda won an off-road race?

oh no....i'm drinking and rambling already....

• dick757

Posted June 22, 2005 - 05:11 AM

Well that sucks
I was hoping they would at the very least put on an E start
Leave the kick as well

Does Honda do anything now or do they just live off there name
don't get me wrong, they make a great product, but they never change the dirt line
O-well, still liked the XR650L and shure I will enjoy the XR650R

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.