cam HELP!!!!

2 replies to this topic
  • trickwarrior

Posted June 21, 2005 - 06:47 PM

I adjusted my valves today. After I reinstalled my cams the motor will only turn a half a revolution. There is also 3 divets on my cams. It seems like there should only be one (for easy cam timing). Thanks ahead of time for all the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted June 21, 2005 - 07:35 PM

look at the lobes of the cams not so much at the marks, at least then you will be close!!!!

• trickwarrior

Posted June 21, 2005 - 08:45 PM

Got her done!!!! I was on the wrong mark in the little hole. My bike has what looks like an I but in reality it is only a small mark. Once I got hurt on the right mark she went together like a breeze. Started on the first kick. Always did though. Glad to have her back up and running. Just got back from a short ride in the neighborhood. Felt great!!!!! No fear of doing those valves again now that I have done it once. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.