Do 03-05 radiators mount the same as 2000?

2 replies to this topic
  • hypersport

Posted June 21, 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hey guys, I've got an 05 450 and recently purchased some Devol rad guards from my dealer. I really don't like the way they push the shrouds out a full inch each at the bottom mount, so I'm going to get some Unabikers instead. I saw a pic the other day of some installed and it looked like they keep the plastic shroud in the original spot as stock with the plastic louvers. It appeared as though the Unabikers fit around the radiator like a tight glove!

Anyway, my buddy has a 2000 WR 400 without guards. I told him I'd give him my Devols but we're not sure if the radiators mount the same. Was hoping someone here might know...thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted June 23, 2005 - 10:34 PM

I think you buddy is out of luck.

The Devols are the best in my opinion. They may not fit as well but with the support that is behind the radiator as well as the guard in the front. I think they are the strongest.

• jfreadman

Posted June 24, 2005 - 05:59 AM

I think you buddy is out of luck.

The Devols are the best in my opinion. They may not fit as well but with the support that is behind the radiator as well as the guard in the front. I think they are the strongest.

If you search through the forums you will see that most like the unibiker guards. On another note the unibiker gives you two points of support behind the radiator instead of one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.