TPS question....

3 replies to this topic
  • radish150

Posted June 20, 2005 - 10:03 PM

I took my carb out to re jet, and of course the TPS was removed to cook the carb. So, whats this thing all about on 99 400? Do I need it? Can I chop it? Or, do i have to go thru a painfull process to get it set properly again?

thanx yall

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:18 AM

the tps is linked in no small way to your cdi. cut the tps and you'll probably end up with a large blue motorcycle shaped paperweight

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chas_M

Posted July 14, 2005 - 01:30 PM

The TPS increases part throttle advance. On my KTM 525 EXC, I played around with adjusting the TPS and even disconnecting it. The results were, at least by seat of the pants, no discernable differences at all.

• curveball323

Posted July 01, 2009 - 07:24 AM

Chas M... you ARE SPEAKING TRUTH MY FRIEND!! I disconnected mine yesterday and my problems went away and I have MoRE POWER now that the stutter is gone because of the TPS. I would however like to adjust the TPS so i get that last little bit of power. if anyone knows how to adjust it right let me know

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.