swingarm question

4 replies to this topic
  • radish150

Posted June 20, 2005 - 09:55 PM

so i´m putting this 400 together again, and the front pivot bolt has me a bit befuddled. this thing appears to be a pinch joint dependent on the torque setting? I dont have the exact torque specs on that bolt, but I can torque it till the arm does not swing freely, or even so it does not really swing at all. So, am i missing something here? Should I be able to get some sort of positive stop on the bolt? If not what is to keep the bolt from backing out and loosening?

Mark Sheldon

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:19 AM

maybe a clymer manual would help, i have no idea of the torque setting myself though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HamBonE_23

Posted July 15, 2005 - 08:58 AM

What year, make (YZ/WR)? I'll look and see what i can find.

• jbrooks26

Posted July 15, 2005 - 09:28 AM

Sounds to me like you are missing the spacer/bushing that runs inside the needle bearings. Are you sure you have all the parts in there???

• OrionEngineer

Posted July 18, 2005 - 07:05 AM

I just put new bearings in mine... Had no problems with reassembly. Torque spec is 85 Nm or 61 Ft lbs. Sounds like you may be missing the thrust bearings. It should rotate smoothly.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.