Bent Radiator! Straighten or not to Straighten?

12 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted June 20, 2005 - 05:32 PM


Hey Guys,

I bent my left radiator last week during a fall in the Rockies. I think the mounts are bent most, but the inner most fins are torn all the way down the radiator. It does not leak, but has put a major kink in the shroud. Should I try to straighten it or just call it an emergency spare? Thanks for the input.


  • Dunlop

Posted June 20, 2005 - 05:46 PM


Why not send it to Mylers ( ) They do good work and it's alot cheaper then a new radiator. Steve.

  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 20, 2005 - 06:03 PM


At $300.00 a piece I would fix that sucker. Check with your local radiator repair shop, if they cant fix it send it to Mylers. I have had mine repaired twice now, its cheap and looks and works like new.

  • xcracer123

Posted June 21, 2005 - 05:36 AM


I bent mine in a crash last year and figured I would have it repaired when and if it started leaking. 14 months later and all is still good. I would just wait and save the $.

  • WR_Woody

Posted June 22, 2005 - 12:06 AM


Just got mine back from Myler's on Monday. Great work and really fast.......Mine had to be straightened and some leaking fixed....Gonna test it Friday and Saturday.......

  • byggd

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:12 AM


I bent mine in a crash last year and figured I would have it repaired when and if it started leaking. 14 months later and all is still good. I would just wait and save the $.

I agree, if it aint broke don't fix it.....just ride ride RIDE :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 23, 2005 - 05:01 AM


If it doesn't leak, run it... :)

  • jbrooks26

Posted August 08, 2005 - 12:51 PM


Ok Guys, I know this is sad, but I am just now getting around to having this taken care of. I want to repair this radiator and get a set of the Unibiker guards on it. I tried to call Mylers, both numbers, and get no answer. Are they closed on Mondays or something? Anyway, I also tried their e-mail just now so maybe they will answer it. If not, is there any other way to get ahold of them? Thanks,


  • firezwr426

Posted August 08, 2005 - 04:45 PM


no need to even talk to him... he will call you if the repair bill is over $100... just send him your rad, a return address, your credit card info, and the model and year of your bike....
this guy does really great work and you will probballly have your rad back in one week from the day you mail it... you can't go wrong..
Terry Myler 8414 S. McDowwell CT. West Jordan Utah 84088 1-800-367-7699 :D

  • jbrooks26

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:52 PM


That's great. Thanks for the info.


  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 08, 2005 - 08:06 PM


Do you not have a local radiator shop :D . You may be very surprised how cheap and how good they can repair it :D . Just a thought. I HATE to send my shizit in the mail. Good luck.

  • jbrooks26

Posted August 09, 2005 - 04:40 PM


I tried several local radiator shops that would not even look at it. After some searching, I found a guy here in town who does specialty work for the local racers. He said he could fix it for around $20. I will be ordering a set of Unibiker Rad Guards and braces soon. Thanks for all of the input.


Sorry, Forgot to mention his name and company.

Dennis Burnett
Wichita Kansas

  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 09, 2005 - 08:23 PM


That sounds very good. And good choice on the UNIBIKERS :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek:


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.