WR450 tyres are sh#t

8 replies to this topic
  • sausage boy

Posted June 20, 2005 - 10:49 AM

hey
what tyres are people running? the Tyres my 05 WR450 came with are compleat shite :) . i'm riding in the mountains, so its dusty and rocky. i was thinking of the bridgestones.

• Texas4play

Posted June 20, 2005 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with the tire combo from the factory. Too hard front, too soft back ........???

I've seen alot of guys complimenting the Maxxis IT's for stuff like yours

• simon@vic

Posted June 20, 2005 - 12:48 PM

yes, maxis IT rear SI front for rock/mixed/insane terrain.
they even do well on roads, dirt or pavement.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted June 20, 2005 - 02:22 PM

Maxis IT Rear...Dunlop 742 Front work well year round here.. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted June 20, 2005 - 06:26 PM

hey
what tyres are people running? the Tyres my 05 WR450 came with are compleat shite :) . i'm riding in the mountains, so its dusty and rocky. i was thinking of the bridgestones.

Oh no the stock tires are great-----great for the trash!! :)

• tp3dxf

Posted June 23, 2005 - 11:05 PM

Dunlop 756 front. Works great but will wear quicker then stock.

Maxxis IT back. Great long lasting tire that will bite well. It's even easy on the wallet.

• ckulzer

Posted June 24, 2005 - 07:18 AM

M-12s!

• freestyle250

Posted June 24, 2005 - 10:54 AM

I havent minded the stock tires so much. Im sure I can find some that dont wear down quite as fast, but ultimately I thought the tire tagged up really well. But I guess it depends on the conditions where youre riding too. Most of the rides I have been on this year, the dirt has been really tacky. Haven't had any experience in the real dry and dusty stuff yet.

• 4StrokeNoSmoke

Posted June 24, 2005 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, I like the Maxxis Hard Terrain as I ride a lot of rocky/mountainous trails myself. However, if you're a throttle hog like myself I have learned that my WR450 is going to shred pretty much any tire over a few months of riding. My brother and I, both of 450's, are planning to buy new tires soon, but different tires for each bike, and test every hard terrain tire worth having between the two of us. I will be sure to share my experience with them in the forums. So far we've just run the stock and a couple Maxxis.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.