03 wr450 big bore kit

2 replies to this topic
  • bonecrusher69

Posted June 20, 2005 - 08:27 AM

I was wondering if anyone out there has installed a big bore kit in their 450? Where can I get a good buy on a kit? Is there a down side to installing one?
Any input would be great. Thanks :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jonova

Posted June 21, 2005 - 07:16 AM

To bore your bike you don't really need to buy the "kit". You can buy each item in the kit seperate, if it is cheaper, it was for me. Buy the piston you want, and then send out your cyclinder (and piston) to get bored and re-nikasiled. Then buy a gasket kit that is for the right size bore from cosmetic.

But if you don't want to hassle with that I would go with thumper Racing's kit, they have been around since the first big bore kit on the YZ(M) 400.

Hope that helps..... :)

• jonova

Posted June 21, 2005 - 07:52 AM

Forgot the link

http://www.rpmsbigbore.com/index.html :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.