Edelbrock QS mixture adjuster question.

8 replies to this topic
  • Fingers

Posted June 19, 2005 - 11:33 PM

A quick question for anyone with QS knowledge...is it OK to keep the mixture adjuster screwed into the top of the carb all the time or are you supposed to replace it with the threaded plug when finished changing the mixture? I ask because there is no reference to this in the carb instructions/literature. Thanks!

• frankstr

Posted June 20, 2005 - 04:53 AM

My adjuster is still in the carb......... :)
For what its worth, I think it will be OK.......

• big t

Posted June 20, 2005 - 09:35 PM

I left my adjuster in.

• qadsan

Posted June 21, 2005 - 07:00 AM

Edelbrock leaves there adjusters installed in the bikes they ride / race.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRP27

Posted June 22, 2005 - 09:04 AM

My adjuster is in :)

• BWB63

Posted June 23, 2005 - 03:49 PM

The knob on top of one of mine fell off. I was just fixing it right now and thought, 'for the guy's that leave it on' they might want to locktite the knob on. I didn't lose the spring and it didn't fall in (the adjuster part). When I put it back together I put grease to make sure that it never leaks. I had to make a new knob. Now I have a Blue knob.

• J_T

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Hmmm. Blue Knob on a Red Pig! maybe it has some built up ....um...energy! :D Don't you let it out to roam any!

Greasing it is a good idea if you leave it in...I left mine in...and it is stiff now I should have used a little grease to make the job a little easier. Would have improved the sensation to be able to feel the positions if it were greased! :)

do L's have knob's? :) Or are they "Knobless"?

• frankstr

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:18 PM

do L's have knob's? :) Or are they "Knobless"?[/QUOTE]

It probably depends on the rider.... :D It takes knobs though to ride the "R".... :)

• BWB63

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:25 PM

All this talk of Edelbrock I was screwing with the #19 needle I have in my 680. It is lean at the bottom when I get it setup right @ WOT. So, I was honing the bottom end on the needle (twards the top) and went to far :) :) So, I put in the #21. at thirty clicks out from full rich it's almost perfect. Popping late on the decel after a few down shifts but, close. Still to rich at the top and lean at the bottom like before but, close. I guess I'll have to go get a new #18 and #19 and try again.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.