Flywheels WR & YZ interchangeable?

3 replies to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted June 19, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Can anyone tell me if the flywheels of both bikes (same year) are interchangeable? I know the WR is heavier, yet that´s the whole idea. If not, what´s a good aftermarket flywheel weight addition to make a YZ450 stall less technical tracks. Does the rekluse solve this?

• ArmyGuy

Posted June 19, 2005 - 05:57 PM

I can guarantee they are interchangeable on a 99 YZ400. i put one on mine for the lighting kit to be street legal. I cant see any reason why a 450 would be any different. you will have to buy both the ignition coil and the flywheel though. it'll run you about 275 for both pieces.
A rekluse clutch will help with the stalling part as the clutch automatically engages as you roll off the gas/slow down. Id still recommend a heavier flywheel. it made a HUGE difference on my 400 and it isnt even that much heavier.
Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted June 19, 2005 - 06:27 PM

they are not interchangeable 03-05,at all. the cases are different for the wr stator, even the crank taper is different :)

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2005 - 07:59 PM

'03 and up WR's flip the flywheel around "inside out" so they can use the back of it for the drive for the e-start. Nothing under the two ignition covers, including the covers, will interchange.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.