Mechanics-05 WR450

5 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted June 18, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Hey all,
I know I have asked this before or someone else has in the past. The high prices at dealers is absurd on some work. Im looking for a mechanic who knows there stuff, big and small. Anyone know a good one around the Portland metro/Clackamas County area in Oregon. I have two months off from racing and want general maint/upgrades done to my bike.

Thanks.

• cgrlvr35

Posted June 24, 2005 - 01:16 PM

no help on this one???

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted June 24, 2005 - 01:47 PM

what kinda stuff are u looking to do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cgrlvr35

Posted June 26, 2005 - 12:53 PM

The general stuff that the manual tells you to do. One dealer quoted me about $330.00 Thats the full check, oil, valves, etc. based on the manual.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 26, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Unless you are wealthy I would do all the general maintainence yourself. There is great info on TT and other web sites for tips and things to watch out for. If you are concerned about your confidence pay a mechanic to come over to your place and teach you how to do it the first time. That way you can do future maintainence yourself. :)

• cgrlvr35

Posted June 27, 2005 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Indy. Ive been trying. for a guy who works for a dealer. Its just the time to get him. Im still checking. Mine is too just get it done. I still have two months.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.