Clutch Won't Engage

1 reply to this topic
  • Coonass400

Posted June 17, 2005 - 11:17 PM

:Hi to all! I have been visiting the forums for about 4 months now, very cool site by the way, but this is my first post! I have looked all around and cannot solve this problem.... :) :)
I am changing the clutch cable and lever on my 99 YZ400F. The clutch worked fine before I pulled the old cable and lever off. After installing the new cable and lever, which are both stock, the clutch does not engage. The actuator arm at engine has no tension at all and moves back and forth easily, it does not feel right at all. It seems when I removed the old cable, the actuator lever loosened up. Any help would be greatly appreaciated, Thanks! :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Coonass400

Posted June 17, 2005 - 11:29 PM

Nevermind, I have it fixed. The cable just needed to be adjusted. I guess the actuator arm is normally loose before the clutch engages. Thanks anyways everybody

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.