xr650l cam HRC? or Hot Cam?

11 replies to this topic
  • Rover31

Posted June 17, 2005 - 07:09 AM

Well since we can get an HRC cam from service Honda for $250 (not bad pricewise) I have now a decision to make.
Do I get the HRC or go with the Hot Cam (stage 2 is all that is in the cataloge now, $150)
Thoughts recomendations? Any one used both?

I know that the Hot Cam is only surface hardened.

Thanks
Travis

• roadcam

Posted June 17, 2005 - 07:27 AM

while I have used neither, if my pocketbook allowed it, I would have more confidence in the HRC ... being factory-designed, it would be more likely to be supported by Honda, if something was defective ... just my guess

• iestrada

Posted June 17, 2005 - 11:33 AM

I have a stage 2 on a 650R and it is great. Half a year now and no problems.
It gives me more bottom. Just remeber no to use synthetic during break in period, it is ok after that

• BUBBA CHUNKS

Posted June 18, 2005 - 03:45 PM

hello i have been trying to get hold of the HRC cam for the xr650l do you have the part number or could you find out as i am in the uk and the bike was imported and nobody seems to know, i would like the full kit if possible part number if known hope you can help if you have fitted it could you let me know what you think thanks

• Rover31

Posted June 18, 2005 - 06:58 PM

when I order it I will post the # here! (Monday)
Travis

• Wheels up

Posted June 19, 2005 - 10:24 AM

I have a stage 1 hotcam and i love it. No probs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jlpskydive

Posted June 19, 2005 - 10:55 AM

I have a stage 1 hotcam and i love it. No probs.

What kind of perfomance gains did you get? Any drawbacks?

• wr450fyamaha

Posted June 20, 2005 - 09:43 AM

i have a hot cam....thats all i know....it came on the bike along with all this shizzle: yoshi exhost, 4 gallon ims tank, protapers, new grips, bark busters, new turn signals, hot cam, ufo headlight, and other stuff

• Rover31

Posted June 20, 2005 - 09:23 PM

Okay so the search is going still have not gotten the part #
service Honda did not have it
Will keep you updated
Travis

• mountainrider

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:16 PM

Since I have installed the Hotcam my bike is a lot quicker and revs nicely. Of course the other mods helped also. :)

• Rover31

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:31 PM

Man I totaly forgot to post that # 1400-NH4-000. Cheapest place was servicehonda.com @$289+ shipping.
I actually decided to go with the HotCam stage 2.
I just decided to give it a try esp. at half the price!
Now I just wait to get it back... with 10.25:1 cam and all the other stuff esp. the Kehein 41FCR..
Travis

• CheGuevara

Posted June 24, 2005 - 01:46 PM

I thought Hot Cams only made a Stage 1 cam for the L? At least that's all that's listed on the site. If you have info on the Stage 2 could you post the specs for comparison? Also whether or not it requires dif springs, guides, hardened rockers etc...?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.