• Satch0922

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:48 PM

no.

Does anyone know what the hp is on the 05? LOL

• grayracer513

Posted June 16, 2005 - 05:20 PM

no.

Does anyone know what the hp is on the 05? LOL

48 if MXA has the dyno test done... 43 if Dirt Rider does. :)

• PK

Posted June 17, 2005 - 08:47 AM

I'll be ya it's more than the 05's. I don't think Yami likes being the low man on HP totem pole in the 450 world...

• Ga426owner

Posted June 17, 2005 - 08:52 AM

does anyone know what the hp is going to be on the 06 yzf

75 rearwheel HP! :)

Who knows, I guess 53-57 - TBD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 18, 2005 - 03:57 AM

[COLOR=DarkRed]48 if MXA has the dyno test done... 43 if Dirt Rider does. [/COLOR]

To compare any bikes, the SAME dyno has to be used. This is my guess why those two numbers don't match...(???)

A LONG time ago, both CYCLE and CYCLE WORLD would show dyno charts. The numbers NEVER matched because of the different dyno's.

• Satch0922

Posted June 18, 2005 - 04:23 AM

it is safe to say the 06 will have more than enough power for anyone who posts on this board.

• ry0ken

Posted June 18, 2005 - 04:28 PM

it is safe to say the 06 will have more than enough power for anyone who posts on this board.

so damn true! :)

besides....the new yellow plastics will make me FEEL like i'm going faster! :)

• RaptorRacer888

Posted June 19, 2005 - 09:29 AM

[COLOR=DarkRed]48 if MXA has the dyno test done... 43 if Dirt Rider does. [/COLOR]

To compare any bikes, the SAME dyno has to be used. This is my guess why those two numbers don't match...(???)

A LONG time ago, both CYCLE and CYCLE WORLD would show dyno charts. The numbers NEVER matched because of the different dyno's.

No its because Dirt Rider, is basically Honda Rider. O look at the new Honda this, o look how much better this Honda does.

Deffantly a biased magazine, well at least it was the last time I checked at 7-11 while paging through some MX mags.

• DoctorRzed

Posted June 19, 2005 - 09:44 AM

The one thing I like about the yamahas is the grunt they have. Many people who ride them complain how unsmooth the bike is. The Yamaha is a true mans bike. Since 03 model they started trying to make the yzf more like a smoth crf. I sure hope Yamaha dosent lose what they had :) I am sorry but I prefer my 03 over the 05 yamahas. When I first got my bikeI added a flywheel weight to tame it but later took it off and became a man. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.