Photos of Zip-Ty fuel hookup??

5 replies to this topic
  • flintlock28

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:12 PM

Anybody have any photos how they hooked up/routed the fuel lines for their Zip-Ty 3.3 gallon fuel tank??

I was hoping to see how it's properly hooked up...

OH, by the way, I'm using the optional Petcock...

Don

• RogerDedrick

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Anybody have any photos how they hooked up/routed the fuel lines for their Zip-Ty 3.3 gallon fuel tank??

I was hoping to see how it's properly hooked up...

OH, by the way, I'm using the optional Petcock...

Don

Who makes the tank for ZipTy? I just installed a Clarke 3.3 Maybe it is the same tank. If so I could take some pics of how I did it.

• ry0ken

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:45 PM

i think that IMS makes the Zip-Ty models :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Yes, it's IMS.....

Evidently i'm suppossed to take a line from one petcock and "tee" it to the other both feeding the carb. Does that sound right??

Don

• Radbuster

Posted June 17, 2005 - 02:10 AM

Hi there,

If you have gotten it yet it should have come with a routing and mounting description from IMS. I thought it could have been written a little better, but it's ok if you give it a minute.

Cutting the fuel line and putting in the "T" is the last part when and where it becomes obvious. Before that point it's sort of "omigod-what-is-this???"

Don't loose that piece of paper! I still need it sometimes just to be shure. If you just need to remove the tank, the hoses stay in place and is almost as simple as with the stock tank. If you remove the carb and undo the gaggle of hoses you will probably need that paper for reference.

On the right side the hose comes pretty close to the hot headpipe if the dogleg points straight back. I've pointed it more inward, towards the cylinder and carb for more clearance and that seems to work well.

Don't remove the right hose when the headpipe is hot, like if you need to change the plug, just as a precaution. The thin titanium cools off pretty fast in only about a minute or two. On a WR with a stainless headpipe only a teenie bit longer.

I'm very happy with mine and would recommend it to anyone.

Good luck, :)

• flintlock28

Posted June 17, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Radbuster....
I had a heck of a time trying to decide where and how to fasten the fuel lines. I think I've got everything Kosher; that is none of the fuel lines are touching any of the exhaust, or cylinder head. I used ty-wraps to lock stuff in place, hopefully everything will stay secure.

Don

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.