Jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • BANSHEE

Posted June 16, 2005 - 11:16 AM

I HAVE A QUESTION

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AROUND ON THE INTERNET, AND FOUND SEVERAL PLACES TO LOOK FOR JETTING. THEY ALL SEEM TO SAY THE SAME THING...USE A 175 MAIN...THAT'S GOOD FROM SEA LEVEL TO AROUND 3000FT....BUT I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING FOR JETTING ABOVE 3000 FT.
I SEEM TO HAVE GOT RID OF MY BOTTOM END BLUBBERING PROBLEM BY CLEANING THE AIR FILTER THAT WAS PLUGGED SOLID."I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T CHECK THAT AS SOON AS I GOT THE BIKE HOME...GO FIGURE...LOL"
BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE CARB OFF AND MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT MAIN, PILOT, NEEDLE AND NEEDLE SETTING.
I LIVE IN EASTERN OREGON, AND THE ELV HERE IS 3,200 FT IN TOWN AND 3,500FT AT MY HOUSE...FROM THERE IT'S UPHILL TO AROUND 8,000 TO 9,000FT.
IF ANYONE ON HERE COULD GIVE ME A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT I SHOULD HAVE, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT...I HAVE BEEN TOLD 170 TO 172 ON THE MAIN, BUT I JUST WANT AN OPINION FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE.

THX EVERYONE,

BANSHEE (RAY SCOTT---BAKER CITY OREGON) :)

• coorsleftfield

Posted June 16, 2005 - 11:20 AM

Try this chart

http://www.xr650r.us/jetting/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted June 16, 2005 - 03:01 PM

All the riding I do is from 4000' to 10000' density altitude.

165 main
Needle clip in the No. 1 position
#65 pilot.

Bike is uncorked.

• coorsleftfield

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:28 PM

I would also put in the B53E comp needle and seat. 16012-MBN-641

• coorsleftfield

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:55 PM

Forgot to add, all these jettings assume you've uncorked your bike.. Removed restrictor, drilled exhaust tip, remove airbox parts.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.