426 jetting help

2 replies to this topic
  • 70mustang

Posted June 16, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I have an 01 wr426 with a gutted factory pipe and the air box lid removed. It's fast bey much too loud. I also have a GYTR silencer insert for the pipe that I want to know what jetting would be best for this set up. I just bought the bike and I don't know what jet it has right now, so maybe someone can recomend how many jets leaner I might need to go if I put in the GYTR? Thanks in advance for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted June 16, 2005 - 01:00 PM

I have an 02 Wr426 with a GYT-R insert, a twin air air filter, took the insert out of the airbox but left the lid on (too much sucking noise with lid off), a cut grey wire, and a zip ty fuel screw. My jetting is stock with the fuel screw 1 3/4" out and it runs great, very fast. It runs alot better with the GYT-R insert rather than no insert and it's quieter.

• 70mustang

Posted June 17, 2005 - 04:20 PM

I checked and it had a 170 main, so I switched it to the 168 and put in the GYTR silencer insert. feels slower, but its hard to tell.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.