Yamaha XT 350?

4 replies to this topic

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:22 AM

Yes I know this is WR forums, but I was hoping some of you fellow Yami riders in here might have some input for me on an XT 350. (seeing as there is no forum for them)

I bought a '96 XT 350 for my younger brother yesterday. He has wanted a bike forever. He's getting married this fall and is saving $$ for their honeymoon and a new vehicle. So I got a pretty good deal on a friend's XT. ($1,500) Just something basic for him to bomb around trails with me.

My question is are there any mods, tricks, tips that any of you might know about these bikes? Anything that's a must have for it? I know they are a pretty simple air cooled motor, but I'm sure we can get a little more juice out of it.

Also curious to things that maybe we shouldn't tinker with or change. Help a brother out! :)

• Cedric

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I think there are a few guys kicking around the vintage thumper forum that could help you out, I recall reading a few threads about XT350s there. Have you had a look there?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vmxr

Posted June 16, 2005 - 08:10 AM

Another place to check is the Dual Sport forum. I recall several XT350 threads in there also.

Posted June 16, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Thanks guys. I might just sick little bro on it anyway. It's his bike now afterall. :)

• Hamish

Posted June 17, 2005 - 06:08 AM

the TT350's (same motor) had a restriuctor in the secondary inlet manifold, enter the die grinder :)
The exhaust is pretty restrictive, but thats about it.
Our 250 has a bit of headwork and an 1mm over piston and gets along pretty good :D Dis I mention a new rod kit, main bearings, cylinder head ???? The projects we get ourselves into :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.