Should there be a front pad locating clip?

2 replies to this topic
  • kermit_uk

Posted June 16, 2005 - 12:48 AM

Hey guys

Can someone have a look at where the pads sit in thier carrier, opposite end to where the long bolt goes through them please and see if they sit in a kind of anti rattle clip (best description I can come up with). My pads (2002 WR426) just sit directly into the carrier (metal to alloy) and are not very secure, the ends of the pads are too small for the recess in the carrier and fall out if provoked. I've looked in the manual and the local bike shop looked it up on the microfiche but the clip I thought I needed doesn't seem to be listed! I have the clip on the top of the carrier to push the pads towards the axle when installed.

Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stonie426

Posted June 16, 2005 - 02:45 AM

YES, there is a stainless steel location clip at the opposite end of the pad location pin. This is essential to prevent pad to caliper wear.

As this part is not listed as spare from known sources, your best bet is to speak to a UK Nissin agent for assistance or source one second hand.

Hope this helps....

• kermit_uk

Posted June 16, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Hi mate

Yep, have done a bit more digging and found the part number 5DH-25849-00-00

Actually found it here http://oem.thumperta...akecaliper.aspx no.15

Thanks again

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.