PLZ help !!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • mayday

Posted June 15, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Here is the story; MY 04 yz450 was running like crap! Bad bog off idle :) that wasn't there before so I took the carb off for some cleaning and as I was taken it apart I noticeed the fuel screw nipple was gone! So low and behold it was still in my carb! Has anyone had this problem and if so how the heck you get it out? It was a zip ty adjuster,will not use that again!

• Batman

Posted June 15, 2005 - 06:26 PM

Here is the story; MY 04 yz450 was running like crap! Bad bog off idle :) that wasn't there before so I took the carb off for some cleaning and as I was taken it apart I noticeed the fuel screw nipple was gone! So low and behold it was still in my carb! Has anyone had this problem and if so how the heck you get it out? It was a zip ty adjuster,will not use that again!

If I remember right the fuel screw outlet hole is accessable from inside the carb throat just downstream of the slide . I've fixed this on the roadrace Kehin FCR's before . You'll have to find something small enough that you can poke into the hole or it might even be protruding into the carb . It's totally doable with a little care . A paper clip might be useful , just try not to gouge up the hole .

• Batman

Posted June 15, 2005 - 06:30 PM

If I remember right the fuel screw outlet hole is accessable from inside the carb throat just downstream of the slide . I've fixed this on the roadrace Kehin FCR's before . You'll have to find something small enough that you can poke into the hole or it might even be protruding into the carb . It's totally doable with a little care . A paper clip might be useful , just try not to gouge up the hole .

....and by the way , that usually happens when the fuel screw is overtightened so dont be too quick to throw the Zipty boys under the bus !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mayday

Posted June 15, 2005 - 06:39 PM

thanks batman,
I have been known to over tighten things. Jus a little fustrated with it! Got a race on the 26 june in Upton WY and trying to get ready. I tryed to poke saftey wire and a paper clip but it is stuck bad!

• Batman

Posted June 15, 2005 - 06:54 PM

thanks batman,
I have been known to over tighten things. Jus a little fustrated with it! Got a race on the 26 june in Upton WY and trying to get ready. I tryed to poke saftey wire and a paper clip but it is stuck bad!

Maybe try the old fuel screw if you have it . Try adding some heat too , you can get it pretty warm with a hair dryer on high , then squirt a little water up the hole to quick cool (shrink)the broken piece and work it some more .......just dont blow yourself up OK ! Had to say it !

• mayday

Posted June 15, 2005 - 07:48 PM

looks like the hole in the throat past the slide is straight up and down and the hole for the screw is angled toward the throat. I hate to do this but I am going to split the carb and the top of the float bowl I heard not to do this because the seal you cant get but I see no other way. I will try the hair dryer and water trick before I try this thx Batman

• Daz_426_02

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:29 AM

Go for it. I wouldn't worry about the carb bowl gasket. If you did damage it, you can easily make a new one with a bit messing about. Just get hold of some gasket paper the correct diameter.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.