Uncorked db level?

8 replies to this topic
  • pigryder

Posted June 15, 2005 - 04:27 PM

Hey guys can anyone tell me what the decible level is on a XR650R uncorked with stock pipe? I want to buy an aftermarket pipe but dont what it to be any louder than it is now. I want to keep the riding areas open! Thanks guys!

• pigryder

Posted June 17, 2005 - 05:13 PM

does anybody know?

• frankstr

Posted June 17, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Is the tip opened up on the stock pipe with a 2" hole saw... :)
The bike probly won't run well without the pipe opened up and rest of it uncorked.......
I would think the stock pipe opened up as stated above would probly not pass a db test...Not sure though........ :)

• Serenity Now

Posted June 17, 2005 - 07:12 PM

I don't have a db meter but I can say it is still very tolerable. Mine is a little louder than stock, but nowhere near as loud as my YZ426 with a Thunder alley full pipe. :)
I would think you could still pass the db test at most parks pretty easily.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • larry650

Posted June 18, 2005 - 12:00 AM

Dirt Bike magazine did a article on sound testing in the April issue. Though they omitted xr650r info. they gave a link to a California state gov. web site that had the HRC tip blowing a 97db. I`m using the HRC tip with B.D Baja Baffle which keeps things pretty quiet without giving up much performance.

• chuckchillout

Posted June 19, 2005 - 08:39 AM

85dbs is the stock level.FMF makes a pipe that is at 96dbs and thats not bad.i have this pipe on my 650 and it works well.GOOD LUCK!

• jws

Posted June 19, 2005 - 04:25 PM

I`m using the HRC tip with B.D Baja Baffle which keeps things pretty quiet without giving up much performance.

me too :)

Posted Image

• pigryder

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:39 PM

mine is uncorked in cluding the inner baffle in the pipe! I dont want any more sound just to lose a few pounds, Thanks guys

• my98mugen

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:58 PM

i have the HRC tip. i got it tested last month at 91 dbs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.