Oil Brands?

4 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted June 15, 2005 - 03:19 PM

I have a 05 WR450F. Has anyone tried products from " Amsoil" I have been looking at their products. What is the oil like for my bike, filters, etc. Let me know. :) I do a lot of offroad racing.

• hitech

Posted June 15, 2005 - 03:42 PM

We use about all the AMSOIL products for our CRF250R. We run with about 12 racers who all use AMSOIL. Check your pm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted June 15, 2005 - 04:56 PM

I use Amsoil in all my engines, cars, boat, street bike. I haven't made the switch in my WR yet as it's still too new (400 miles). I've got one more load of non-synthetic to go, and then the Amsoil goes in...SC

• GMAN69

Posted June 15, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Do you really need to put 400 miles on with regular oil? I thought 200 miles or so would be good.

• clark4131

Posted June 15, 2005 - 09:42 PM

I'm a stickler when it comes to my personal break-in procedure. 500 miles is my benchmark, eliminating all doubt. It helps me sleep better at night knowing I've seated the rings properly:snore: ...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.