Will the WR petcock fit into a YZ tank?

4 replies to this topic
  • WRototiller

Posted June 14, 2005 - 04:59 AM

I bought a YZF tank and seat for my WR and I was thinking I'd be all set to go when they got here, but then I had that horrible after thought! Would the WR petcock fit in the YZF tank? Does any oneknow for sure?, so I can get one asap before they get here.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 14, 2005 - 05:39 AM

I know the WR400/426 fuel taps fit in the YZF tanks for sure, because i've done it, not sure about the 450's though? :) I'd assume that most likely they probably would. What bike do you have?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRototiller

Posted June 14, 2005 - 05:51 AM

98 WR 400, all the free mods, uncorked. Just got it this spring, pretty happy with it.
I probably should have just bought a YZ in the first place. But it seems to suit my riding just fine.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 14, 2005 - 05:59 AM

Your original WR fuel tap will go straight in then. :) I'm in the same boat as you. Bought a WR426, and slowly but surely, have pretty much converted it to a YZ. It's much more practical for me though, especially 'cos it's road registered. BTW, you'll love your new YZ seat/tank, it's one of the best mod's i've done. :)

• WRototiller

Posted June 14, 2005 - 06:54 AM

That's cool. I came off of a 95 KX 250, and loved that bike but wanted to get into a 4-stroke and I paid $1500 for the WR, and sold the KX for $1700. Made the wife happy, but now I'm spending money on the WR. You know how it is when you get something new, "You have to accessorize"

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.