01 YZ426 White Bros E to FMF PC4 "Q", jetting?

1 reply to this topic
  • rlp1

Posted June 13, 2005 - 08:23 PM

Hey, my White Bros. E-Series rated at 106.4 dbA, so as per the law (after I got a ticket at Gorman), I had to quiet it down. I dropped $300 on an FMF Powercore IV "Q" pipe from Apex Motosports (highly recommended as an online dealer, the guys there are very friendly, and they have great prices, free shipping, no tax).

Anyways, the bike (01 YZ426) starts, and idles and revs fine, but it's a bit harder to start than it was with the White Bros. Also, it smelled a bit and was smoking (very light white smoke) a small amount from the muffler, is that just because it is brand new? It smells kind of like when you burn in a new oven.

Also, what do you recommend for my jetting? Does it sound like it's too rich or too lean? What can I do to jet it right, I don't know crap about jets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_RIDE_for_RED_*

Posted June 14, 2005 - 08:17 PM

y didn't u just remove some of the rings around the exhaust!? :)

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.