O5 WR450F Canadian bike

8 replies to this topic
  • foxomatica

Posted June 13, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Hi everyone.

I am new to the thread and new to a 05 WR450F. I have been reading all the past threads about the power mods and I am sure you are all board of it but I have a few questions. My dealer said because I have a Canadian model I have no grey wire and there fore no "snip". I however found the grey wire and was wondering if I should snip it?

Where can I get the "Zyp ty" fuel screw? My dealer is not up on a lot of this stuff.

Thanks

• RB2

Posted June 14, 2005 - 02:42 AM

I read about the Grey wire and unplugged it. Talked to a very good Yamaha parts guy in Vancouver and he said the cdi mapping is different than the US model. So I have plugged back in but have not had a chance to ride yet so I can not say if there is a differance. Anybody correct me if I am wrong :)

• BIGMatt

Posted June 14, 2005 - 10:16 AM

My 2004 Can WR450 came with the YZ throttle stop, no air box plugs, and better jetting. But I have not touched the grey wire.
The Can models are set up differently from the US becuase of the US pollution laws.

• woody12

Posted June 15, 2005 - 07:08 PM

i was told the same thing by my dealer and by a friend so i have all the mods but the grey wire done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted June 15, 2005 - 08:23 PM

i was told the same thing by my dealer and by a friend so i have all the mods but the grey wire done.

04 Canadian WR's was the last year in which they were different (not plugged up from the factory, I know, I own one). But from 05 onward, the Canadian and US WR's are identical!

• RB2

Posted June 16, 2005 - 10:00 AM

If You find part #s, You will see there is a differance in CDIs between the Canadian and US

• foxomatica

Posted June 16, 2005 - 08:59 PM

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Hey RB2, who was the parts guy you talked to in B.C.?

Fox

• tony1970

Posted June 16, 2005 - 10:25 PM

You can get the Zip Ty screw right at the TT Store.

• simon@vic

Posted June 16, 2005 - 10:59 PM

your Canadian 2005 is fully plugged up!!!!!!!!!!

-remove AIS
-all fee mods
-jd jet kit

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.