ICO Checkmate Installation Help

2 replies to this topic
  • oddtodd

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:02 PM

Just got my new checkmate computer. Any pics or help on installing the cable and magnet at the wheel on a 2005 WR450?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:43 PM

I bought a trailtech magnet that replaces one of the rotor bolts. And for the sensor mount i trimmed it to fit. I'll see if i can get you a picture. :)

I'll be getting this brp mount for the handle bars. I saw it at the WCTTR and it is pretty trick. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 13, 2005 - 08:05 PM

I snapped some pictures. Sorry for the quality but my camera was dying :)

This is the shape i trimmed it to. It is mainly this way to clear the 2003 fork guards the 05 may not need as much trimming.
Posted Image

Here is how it would look mounted on the fork.
Posted Image

I have it bent so it is just about touching the fork guard. It has lasted for 2 years of abuse. For the sensor wire i taped it down the brake line to the hose clamp. From there i use 3 small zip ties and zip tie it the rest of the way.

Hope this helps:cheers:

Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.