Just bought 2004 YZ450F - could it get any better?

5 replies to this topic
  • davepunc

Posted June 13, 2005 - 05:23 PM

This weekend i traded in my 2000 YZ125, which has given me a good two years of track and trail fun and decided to make the jump to a 6 month old YZ450F.

When i first off loaded the bike, i was a bit on edge about it all, that is, coming from a 125 to a 450. But once i'd got it off, started her up, and took her for a good 1 hour ride, i came back with a smile from ear to ear :) ... Amazing power, but a controlled power, not too heavy, and just a real smooth ride...

Anyways, i don't know why i didn't make the jump earlier, i'll never go back to a 2 stroke again...

:)

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted June 13, 2005 - 05:40 PM

Welcome to TT, as with many others like you, we bought ourselve one great bike!

• danyz450

Posted June 13, 2005 - 06:37 PM

They are pretty nice huh. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • traileater

Posted June 13, 2005 - 06:57 PM

I can get a brand new 04 for a sweet deal. I was really leaning to the rmz but the $1k savings and yamaha's 4-5 years into building these got me thinking. Has anyone rode both the 04 and rmz450 give me a comparison? Myself i prefer a quick turning, low/mid powerband like the suzi.
Does the bike come with any weak parts that should be replaced?
Hopefully I can also get some answers from other riders at the races this weekend.

thnx

• davepunc

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:46 PM

the yammy is a nice all round bike, and like you said, they do have the experience in building a good 4 stroke.. might come in handy down the track..

• rlp1

Posted June 13, 2005 - 08:35 PM

I can get a brand new 04 for a sweet deal. I was really leaning to the rmz but the $1k savings and yamaha's 4-5 years into building these got me thinking. Has anyone rode both the 04 and rmz450 give me a comparison? Myself i prefer a quick turning, low/mid powerband like the suzi.
Does the bike come with any weak parts that should be replaced?
Hopefully I can also get some answers from other riders at the races this weekend.

thnx

More like 8 years, they started testing them in 1996. Blue=reliable! :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.