mud tires?

9 replies to this topic
  • woody12

Posted June 13, 2005 - 04:39 PM

i was just out for a ride on a muddy trail and noticed the stock wr tires are not the greatest in the mud any suggestions on a good mud tire. i live in B.C. so i mostly ride mud.

• new2blu

Posted June 13, 2005 - 06:02 PM

Yes, the stock WR tires are junk --I always joke that they only grip good on pavement!! For mud rides get a michelin S-12 size 140/80-18 (Rear). And for the front I run a Dunlop D756 but I have heard great things about the Maxxis Maxcross SI front. The Maxxis will be my next front tire.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 13, 2005 - 06:56 PM

I am running an IRC M5B on the rear. Lots of guys had harsh things to say about it, but so far it has been sweet. Alot of the hillclimbers around here run them, they are great in anything soft and so far have held up better than expected in the rocky hard stuff. I rode some real hard shale ledges and miles of sharp dry creek bottom the other day and not one chunk gone. 756 on the front. :)

• woody12

Posted June 15, 2005 - 07:01 PM

im sort of new to dirt biking but maxxis has always held up good and for a long time to on my mountain bikes.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 15, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Maxxis SI front and rear! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GlocksRock

Posted June 15, 2005 - 07:53 PM

I just ordered the IRC M5B based on a lot of positive comments I've heard. The knobs on that sucker are huge.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 15, 2005 - 10:06 PM

I just ordered the IRC M5B based on a lot of positive comments I've heard. The knobs on that sucker are huge.

Yeah, its badazz. Sucker hooks up like mad. I havent tried the Maxxis, but alot of real knowledgeable(sp) riders on this forum love them. I might try a different front next time, the dunlops(739 & 756) just are not holding up real well.

• minion

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:14 AM

Maxxis SI front and rear! :)

Good side bite? The stockers seem to really lack any kind of side grip.

• jerryls

Posted June 16, 2005 - 08:24 AM

IRC M5B works great for mud, sand, hills, and loose rocky stuff. On harder terrain, it gets squirrelly in the turns.

Mud + M5B + Rekluse = Awesome

• ncmountainman

Posted June 17, 2005 - 06:21 AM

Good side bite? The stockers seem to really lack any kind of side grip.

side grip on the SI 120/100-18 is the best i've ridden. it just sticks on off camber like glue and i can hang it out sideways like never before and still have total control :) the front is just as amazing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.