XR650L whats the best way to lower?

9 replies to this topic
  • superflymx

Posted June 13, 2005 - 04:25 PM

So I just put lots of aftermarket parts in to my 2005 XR650L.I will say the jetting was the best thing I ever could have done.My bike is awake now.I want to lower it and I am looking for the best way to do it if anyone can help that would be great. Clark 4gal gas tank,front fork brace,FMF Q2 exhaust,K+N air filter,FMF jet kit 165 main,14 tooth sprocket front, full skid plate,My bike rocks!! :) XR650L the best bike ever made!

• jlpskydive

Posted June 13, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Kubia makes a lower link for it that drops it like 2 inches. There is also a fork lowering kit not sure of the manufacture. One is on Ebay right now. Also cutting the seat foam is an option.

• justicedone

Posted June 13, 2005 - 10:34 PM

Devol makes a lowering link for rear that is much cheaper and works great. You dont need anything for the front, you just loosen 8 bolts and slide the forks up, and check to be sure they are even.

• XR-Det

Posted June 14, 2005 - 03:33 AM

Don't they sell high heal boots??? :) :)

• jlpskydive

Posted June 14, 2005 - 03:38 AM

Don't they sell high heal boots??? :) :)

OK you've been hanging out with BWB too long.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted June 14, 2005 - 10:35 AM

OK you've been hanging out with BWB too long.

LOL - couldn't resist since you all already posted the sense making stuff I had to add the non-sense :)

• Dual_Dog

Posted June 14, 2005 - 11:00 AM

I want to lower it and I am looking for the best way to do it if anyone can help that would be great.

One often overlooked method is to get a shorter coil-over spring. It can lower the rear over an inch, depending on sag and preload settings. Eibach makes shorter springs for the L shock.

My bike rocks!! :) XR650L the best bike ever made!

Yes, it's amazing what a little time, effort and $$$ can do for an XRL. I remember when I modded mine and how amazed I was with the improvements, especially with rejetting, drilling the slide and shimming the needle. Well worth the effort.

Don't forget to ditch the stock slicks for some good DOT knobs if you plan to do any "real" off-road riding. :)

• jlpskydive

Posted June 14, 2005 - 07:13 PM

Enjoy it's a great bike and most (if not all) of your questions can be answerd here. Don't be afraid of the search feature.

• onaXR

Posted June 15, 2005 - 01:38 PM

Mines lowered 2 inches with white bros. fork kit and Eibach rear spring. Works good no problems so far.

• mxrider129

Posted July 09, 2005 - 11:55 AM

I just bought an XR650L and I'm going to turn it into an asphalt animal. Who makes the best kit for lowering it?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.