Dr. D exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted June 13, 2005 - 11:26 AM

I just ordered a Dr. D exhaust for my '00 WR400. The site said I'll need mounting hardware. I checked 2 vendors one said my bike already has it and the other says I need to get some parts from a Yamaha dealer.

Does any one have this system on their WR400? If so what did you do?

I hope this bike helps with the low end and crisper throttle. :)

• rich-tenerife

Posted June 18, 2005 - 03:56 PM

Yes your right, the yz system fit's direct, the wr system needs a bolt,washer,spacer set-up.

email the factory, i found them very helpfull.

rich

• Conan_'dale

Posted June 18, 2005 - 07:35 PM

Yes your right, the yz system fit's direct, the wr system needs a bolt,washer,spacer set-up.

email the factory, i found them very helpfull.

rich

Rich, Is it a longer bolt, washer spacer that I could get at a hardware store?

"Email the factory" Do you mean Dr. D's Factory? Sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to understand what you are saying. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sledmedic

Posted June 18, 2005 - 08:45 PM

I just put one on my '05 WR450 and ordered the "kit" like they said I needed. I got them and realized that the kit is only the rubber grommet/spacer, bolt and washer....which my stock pipes already had. I didn't need it at all. Not sure about the '04 400's though, Dr. D's or your local dealer should be able to tell you.

• rich-tenerife

Posted June 19, 2005 - 03:12 AM

Ok, yes the fitting kit is the kind of thing you could buy from a hardware shop.
But the original kit :part number DRD#2701 at $13.70 from 1998 - 2005
should match the qualty of the exhaust & desighn.
My conntact at the factory is Gina Dubach CEO,
www.dubachracing.com or info@dubachracing.com

Drop Gina an email and get the facts.
Hope that helps
Sorry you could't understand what i was saying, i'd had several beer's when i made that post, last night.
rich.

• Conan_'dale

Posted June 19, 2005 - 06:38 AM

Rich... You 'Da Man... :D :D

I should buy you a beer :) :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.