Engine case covers need paint? Try This

2 replies to this topic
  • momudder

Posted June 12, 2005 - 05:42 PM

I have recently bought a 2003 WR450 The previous owner wore the paint off the sides of the cases and i am trying to get the bike looking a little better before i begin flogging it myself. I looked at the color and thought i had a match and sure enough it was a perfect match so that i didn't even paint the whole cover and it is not noticeable where it starts or ends. The paint i used was Cast Coat by Dupli-Color(Krylon) Engine enamel Resists grease, gas,rust,500 degrees F It matched so well i thought i had to pass it on to you all. I have made many great improvements to the bike as a result of this site and am glad i can offer something.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted June 13, 2005 - 04:39 AM

What did it look like after your first ride?

• momudder

Posted June 13, 2005 - 05:22 PM

Holding up great with a 10 mile ride as well as several short test rides in the back yard.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.