quick question on airbox

3 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted June 11, 2005 - 11:50 PM

I've started on these "free mods" today on my 2000 WR400 that is new to me.

Simple question.

Do you guys remove the airbox lid and the snorkel, or just the snorkel?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 12, 2005 - 04:37 AM

Take the whole lid off. When the bike was new, it should've had an optional rubber flap, which goes at the front of the airbox. It is to stop mud/water getting into the airbox in sloppy conditions. With the airbox lid totally removed, I would recommend that you run this flap at all times. It doesn't restrict airflow, but does keep a large amount of the mud and crap out of your airbox. If you don't have the flap, ask at your Yamaha dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new04450

Posted June 12, 2005 - 05:20 AM

I took just the snorkel out and cut the sides like the tech manual says- More than likely I would have been better off taking the top off- I could have put it back on if a needed to.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 12, 2005 - 05:50 AM

I took just the snorkel out and cut the sides like the tech manual says- More than likely I would have been better off taking the top off- I could have put it back on if a needed to.

I think you're describing mod's for a 450? 'conan' has a 400.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.