for a existing over heating problem?

I don`t have a over heating problem,,,
but if it will lowwer the temp,I`ll
try it.

Which is one recomended?
Thx.

• B86_Racer

Posted June 11, 2005 - 08:59 PM

Either one will lower the temp of your bike but the engine ice must be used by itself, and you must flush your system before you add the engine ice. With the water wetter, you must flush your system but you add water wetter to distilled water, and don't run it by itself. Correct me if I am wrong.

• ncmountainman

Posted June 11, 2005 - 11:19 PM

water wetter worked for me helping to keep the engine ice in the engine,just use it in the same ratio recomended for water. fww engine ice might be good for MX but i couldn't keep it in the bike on tight HS,the only thing i've found that will not spew,is evans npg-r :) ya,ya been down the road before :) evans npg-r(which is ethylene glycol based) does actually have less heat transfer than most water based coolants,BUT it stays in the bike when needed most. so what that translates to is , when your in a mud bog and screamin' the bike just to keep a walkin' pace,the evans is still circulatin'round the cylinder,whereas the engine ice is pollutin' the atmosphere :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HyBridYZ426

Posted June 12, 2005 - 06:43 AM

there was a page some time back where they tested the 3 different ones...water wetter, royal purple & engine ice....all 3 worked real good...the redline water wetter was on top...the only bad thing about the red line is theres no lube for the water pump.

• DigilubeJay

Posted June 12, 2005 - 06:03 PM

Water Wetter is only a coolant addidtive, not a fully formulated coolant like Engine Ice.
You can add a surfactant (Water Wetter) to any sort of coolant and it can help the fluid to transfer heat better by changing the surface tension of the fluid.
I'm a firm believer that a clean water with a surfactant added is the best coolant fluid there is. Just don't forget about winter!

Dave claims that Engine Ice doesn't need a surfactant, as the propylene glycol takes care of the surface tension.

Water Wetter in a test against any coolant is apples and oranges..not the same things.

• HyBridYZ426

Posted June 12, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Water Wetter is only a coolant addidtive, not a fully formulated coolant like Engine Ice.
You can add a surfactant (Water Wetter) to any sort of coolant and it can help the fluid to transfer heat better by changing the surface tension of the fluid.
I'm a firm believer that a clean water with a surfactant added is the best coolant fluid there is. Just don't forget about winter!

Dave claims that Engine Ice doesn't need a surfactant, as the propylene glycol takes care of the surface tension.

Water Wetter in a test against any coolant is apples and oranges..not the same things.

water wetter is good for me I live in Tampa Fl,....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.