Anyone unhappy with the new yz450f bodywork???

96 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted June 11, 2005 - 03:42 PM

Dont get me wrong I love the al. frame but that bodywork looks horrible. I would say its the uglyist yet probly the meanist mx bike coming for 06.
-My favorite looking bikes are the Kawasaki and the Suzuki.
But looks are only extra its whats inside that counts right :)

• walent215

Posted June 11, 2005 - 04:11 PM

no are you

• ThrakenH04

Posted June 11, 2005 - 05:37 PM

Dont get me wrong I love the al. frame but that bodywork looks horrible. I would say its the uglyist yet probly the meanist mx bike coming for 06.
-My favorite looking bikes are the Kawasaki and the Suzuki.
But looks are only extra its whats inside that counts right :)

The only thing I really and I mean really hate is the tank shrouds. there SO DAMN BIG. Also the rear fender looks like crap. I mean I know they want to keep it looking like a YZF, but its going to be the first major improvement since the 450 came out, at lease give it some decent thought on the body work lol. I personally LOVE the look of the CRF450 and the RMZ450, plus Im not getting an eye for that RMZ250 too now. I hate kawasaki lol.

• YamahaX25

Posted June 11, 2005 - 05:37 PM

if you noticed in the pictures yamaha had riveted extra plastic onto the shrouds to increase air flow through the radiators, so it wont look exactly the same, if they do indeed choose to use that shroud.

• aedwards07

Posted June 11, 2005 - 05:54 PM

I think that kawasaki won the award for the ugliest bike for 2006 with all the four strokes.

• CRF_rider186

Posted June 11, 2005 - 05:58 PM

I can't stand the rear fender on the new yz's. I don't know, I just hate the way it looks.

• ThrakenH04

Posted June 11, 2005 - 06:12 PM

The rear fenders look cheap-ass.

• ThrakenH04

Posted June 11, 2005 - 06:13 PM

I think that kawasaki won the award for the ugliest bike for 2006 with all the four strokes.

I'll agree with that.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 11, 2005 - 06:59 PM

My .02 - Yamaha needs to scrap the blue and go back to the Black and Yellow - Picture this ... All new graphics for 07 with something like the Huricane kit from the Factory. They should have done it in 06 since - (I 06 think it is an aniversary year) + It would have been a nice step on the new yellow RMZ....

All else fails if you are unhappy with the style and color, an entire plastics kit minus the tank and # plate is only 99.00

I would like to bleed yellow - How about you?

• revolucien

Posted June 11, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Nah not yellow. With the frame blue, it would look sweet with silver or back to white plastics ... plus neither would show crease marks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DoctorRzed

Posted June 12, 2005 - 03:28 AM

THats on thing that is great yu can put the hurricane kit onand save 100s of dollars by not having to buy a new gas tank and painting the frame :)

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 12, 2005 - 08:17 AM

Nah not yellow. With the frame blue, it would look sweet with silver or back to white plastics ... plus neither would show crease marks.

I had an 89 Suzuki RMX 250 (Awesome bike) that was yellow with a blue frame and a shiny aluminim swing arm and sub-frame. Looked real good clark.... :) Good idea on white not showing the crease marks...Silver would be interesting.....

• phisket

Posted June 12, 2005 - 09:31 AM

were did you guys see the new yamaha????

• DoctorRzed

Posted June 12, 2005 - 02:30 PM

the new yam frame is not blue its aluminum :)

• Ga426owner

Posted June 13, 2005 - 05:24 AM

THats on thing that is great yu can put the hurricane kit onand save 100s of dollars by not having to buy a new gas tank and painting the frame :)

Or you can go buy the real Hurricane kitted 06 450............ :)

• undrdog

Posted June 13, 2005 - 05:55 AM

After looking at the 06. It makes me like my 05 a whole lot more. Don't really care for the plastic. Also, the holes to the air box are smaller, possibly restricting air flow. The 5 speed might be nice, but I don't have a problem with my 4 speed. And unless theres a significant loss in weight due to the new frame, I'll hang on to mine a while longer. Thats just my feelings..............

• bedell99

Posted June 13, 2005 - 06:05 AM

I think the bike looks great and that is coming from a honda man. I very curious to see how it stack against the red thumper this year ans especially the weight of this new machine.

Erik

• Satch0922

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:00 AM

I think the bike looks sweet...yellow or blue.

You guys have been begging Yamaha to do something different so they dont sell you the SAME OLE BIKE and when they do people don't like it.

Personally, this is the trickest, most reliable thumper you can buy.....hands down. I like the looks and I like that fact that you can buy this bike and race it right out of the box. 756's (the 250 smoker has them so I assume the 450 will), rubber mounts on the top clamp, Pro Tapers, rumored 215lbs, 5 speed (I am sorry but we all missed the 426's 5 speed), aluminum frame that translates into a lower center of gravity...more important than the actual weight savings, titainium shock spring (another 3lbs of weight savings that lowers the center of gravity), remapped CDI for more hit! YES MORE HIT! :)

This bike is everything riders said they wanted in a Yamaha and then some.

• Daz_426_02

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:30 AM

I agree with Stach... the changes on this bike are the most requested changes. Bottom line is its an awesome looking bike, but as yamaha themselves will know you cant please everyone.

• grayracer513

Posted June 13, 2005 - 10:39 AM

The wings are big because they reach from over the spars to the bottom of the lowered radiators. Other than redoing the curve along their lower edge, how else would you do it?

What I think is interesting is this: It's still a dry sump engine, but there's no external tank. At least, that's what I see. If you look at the detail of the engine, you see what looks like a dipstick in front of the cylinder, above the front mount bolt. Note that the front of the engine visible between the cradle tubes is much bulkier than the current one. That's the oil tank, built into the engine, way down low. What is it they say....? "Brilliant!"

Oh yeah, and a 5 speed, too! :) :)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.