Crank breather hose to airbox question

21 replies to this topic
  • WheelsUp

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:00 PM

See the FAQ under "Swamp proofing"
Short story, if the vent is submerged and the engine stalls, you run the risk of pulling water into the case when attempting a restart.

Same for the carb lines, but you don't need to stall. If all four lines are submerged, it will draw water into the bowl. My '05 WR has the vent lines split for about an inch plus an angle cut. I still ran the two top lines into the airbox.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4StrokeNoSmoke

Posted June 24, 2005 - 12:34 PM

yes I agree. after drowning my WR I decided to run the hose to the air box and figured I might as well give it filtered air to breathe. It's been great so far. I actually drilled a hole in the top/front of the box and sealed the nippled with black RTV.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.