ready oil filter

3 replies to this topic
  • 2000YZ426dude

Posted June 10, 2005 - 09:42 PM

hey i have a 2000 yz426 and just installed the new stainless filter and the cover that came with it only thing was that the filter was diffrent looking than the stock one orginally in it. the ready filter had open part with a rubber gasket around it and the other side just had a little hole with a ball anyway i was just curious if anyone has bought on for theres and how they installed it??... i installed it with the gasket outside faceing the cover?? :)

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2005 - 09:59 PM

I use a Scotts, but it's set up the same. Only the outer seal on an OEM type replaceable filter actually seals anything. A well made SS filter is much sturdier than the replaceables, and enough pressure can be put on it to clamp the gasket between the cover and the filter pushing against the case. The gaskets on the replaceables are softer so that they crush farther without putting too much pressure on the element. It also helps make up for the less precise manufacturing of the throwaways.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 11, 2005 - 11:26 AM

hey i have a 2000 yz426 and just installed the new stainless filter and the cover that came with it only thing was that the filter was diffrent looking than the stock one orginally in it. the ready filter had open part with a rubber gasket around it and the other side just had a little hole with a ball anyway i was just curious if anyone has bought on for theres and how they installed it??... i installed it with the gasket outside faceing the cover?? :)

that is correct :)

• 2000YZ426dude

Posted June 11, 2005 - 02:53 PM

thanx wasn't sure because i notice hint of oil sipping outta the lower head gasket so i was thinking it might of been backwards or something i checked the oil level and it's just little bit ubove full but i've had it around that level never had a problem.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.