steering lock of some sort

2 replies to this topic
  • kbryant3399

Posted June 10, 2005 - 11:04 AM

Hey all,
I am making my WR street legal and was wondering if someone makes a steering lock so it wont get stolen. The ol bike lock wont work in parking lots so i would like to get something like a steering lock ro some other thing that will at least make the thief work a little if he really wants it. Damn thiefs!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 10, 2005 - 01:12 PM

What about large a kryptonite U lock? Lock the front wheel to the lower front of the frame and it's just like a steering lock-maybe better.

• Frostbite

Posted June 10, 2005 - 01:26 PM

You can buy a disc lock. I have one, it's about the size of an egg and a pin slips through any one of the vent holes in the brake disc. I even use it on my sled. I drilled a few holes in the disc and snap it on. If thieves do manage to hotwire it they can't drive away and will just burn the belt out trying.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.