Head Work???Who?

8 replies to this topic
  • jonova

Posted June 10, 2005 - 09:30 AM

I want to get my head done.... So who does good work?

I'm not looking for peak HP but better power everywhere. I want high velocity ports.? I'm running hotcams and a 97mm piston.

• jonova

Posted June 10, 2005 - 12:12 PM

Nobody has had any head porting or work done?

• Juiceman

Posted June 10, 2005 - 05:44 PM

I love a good head job!! :D :) :D :D

Oops! maybe I missed your meaning :D :D

Anyway try the Dr. D web site seems I remember they do head work and some other work. I could be wrong :)

Hope that helps...

• Hamish

Posted June 10, 2005 - 11:56 PM

Not unless you want to send your head to the other side of the world, maybe ask in the YZ forum.
Just waiting for my barrel to get rebored and plated for my 97mm piston. How did you find the cc increace?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farkawi

Posted June 12, 2005 - 06:19 AM

My advice is to go to an enduro or desert race and talk to some of the racers. There's always some dude in the back of a Yamaha shop who is the Guru that you seek. There are a bunch of them in CA I'd wager.

• jonova

Posted June 13, 2005 - 07:08 AM

Not unless you want to send your head to the other side of the world, maybe ask in the YZ forum.
Just waiting for my barrel to get rebored and plated for my 97mm piston. How did you find the cc increace?

I just did a volume calc.
Displacement Increase = PIE*R^2*Stroke
(97mm/2)^2*60.1mm = 444128ml
444128ml * (1cc/1000ml) = 444.128cc

You can also go to thumper racing's website and find out too.

• Hamish

Posted June 13, 2005 - 12:25 PM

yeah yeah, i know that. maybe I worded the question wrong. I mean how much better was the power due to the cc increace.

• 99wr400

Posted June 13, 2005 - 12:53 PM

Here's a short list:

Bernal Racing in Livermore CA. (PM me and I'll give you their number if you want to ask them about it)

Eric Gorr at Ericgorr.com

White brothers: Whitebrothers.com

and

Pro Curcuit

• jonova

Posted June 14, 2005 - 07:18 AM

Hamish - I haven't riden it yet, waiting to get my head done. :) But I'll keep you posted.

Anyone heard of Kenz cycle Tech in AZ??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.