Howard, Monty & Mike - Are they sane?

10 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 26, 2001 - 09:34 AM

Went to Middle Creek on Saturday to meet Monty, Howard & Mike - I woke up Sat. morning looked out my window and decided NOT to take the bike. Figured I'd go hang out and let my dog run her self into the ground.

Here's the conditions they rode in:

http://albums.photop...5270&p=42091568

[This message has been edited by Brian Meadows (edited 02-26-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 10:19 PM

Looks like perfect riding conditions to me. Must have been a blast.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 10:31 PM

I just learned this weekend that I can barely ride in mud let alone SNOW!!!
Khris

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 11:40 AM

Brain next time bring the bike not the dog the bike is the one with wheels the dog an't got none.You mist a good ride, you should have seen Huge fly on that 426 he got from Monty JR, man it was like there was no snow at all i coudn't keep up with him,we had a blast i went to rost Howard and laned on my head and here he came i was a snow ball,I tell you what Mike from silcon has more hart then any body i have ever seen he plowed in that snow until he couldn't stand or ride and got right back up for more hat's off to mike.
monty

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 26, 2001 - 11:59 AM

What trails did you end up riding? That picture was taken at about 3400 ft per GPS - what was the top like? Did you go up Sled Ridge or the road to the top?

Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted February 26, 2001 - 01:41 PM

Man, middlecreek is my all-time favorite...
How long do they expect it to be snowed in?
How much snow was on the trails?
Did you ride 38?
Have you checked out that new piece of 37/25 yet?
Bill

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 02:04 PM

We did 5&7 and part of 1 snow was about 3ft at top we were unable to get to 37 but i have been on it before all the way from bear creek to deer creek camp geart trial.It will be a month or so before all the snow melts,may be if it gets real wram it will be sooner.
monty

• Bill

Posted February 26, 2001 - 02:05 PM

Man, I guess I need to suck it up. I have been using my California origin to not ride here in Pa due to the cold :). You guys go out a rip it up!

Of course, I have been taking some ribbing from sbohanon and mike68. I think they are related to Nanuck from the north :D

Where the hell are those tire studs........

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Howard_Huge

Posted February 26, 2001 - 08:11 PM

Mike 68, you are right what a blast!!!
That was my first trip riding in snow like that what a hoot. Big broadslides and monster roost was the order for the day. Man is thet snow soft to land on not that i landed on any :) Bill, you get to ride on that stuff everyday you are truly fortunate, brother. Hopefully Silicon Mike will post some of his pics for all to see.

Frosted, Huge

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 08:16 PM

Hay Huge theres 2 guys on XR650 looking for you somthing about snow balls
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 27, 2001 - 02:32 AM

Howard,
I have roosted 500 miles this winter in the frozen woods of NH. I am glad to hear you went out. It is a lot of fun. I am on a new 426 and crashed it every ride but 1. Crashing in the snow is less damaging than the dirt and rocks. My bike still looks new, but the snow is going guick. I am looking forward to seeing some more pics on the ride.

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.