The new Yamaha dirt bikes

4 replies to this topic
  • ARSarizona

Posted June 09, 2005 - 03:24 PM

FYI, the new Yamaha dirt bikes and ATVs will be posted on the Yamaha web site, Sunday, June 12 9 PM Pacific. The wait is almost over. :)

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 09, 2005 - 07:46 PM

I saw the spy pics of the 06 YZ 450 in May's Dirt Rider. I have to say the aluminum frame looks really dumpy. Not that it really matters what it looks like, but how it will ride. I just think Kawi, Suzi, and Honda hit it right with their aluminum frame. Not sure of Yami's idea, hopefully it is just a prototype. I'm hoping the WR doesn't get that goofy looking frame next.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chevy

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:20 PM

Good things come to those who wait!

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 10, 2005 - 06:01 AM

I'm thinking that the "dumpy" frame you are referring to will allow the use of a much bigger fuel tank than brands X, Q & Z. :)
Jim

• CharlesFP

Posted June 10, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Amen, form is less important than function. If you don't want a dumpy looking frame, go ahead and get a bike from the other brands. Not only will you not be able to find a large enough aftermarket tank, you will have a nightmare getting to your carb and airbox. Yamaha is making a user-friendly AL frame, but it probably won't go over will because it doesn't have the "look."

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.