NC Mountain Man.....

10 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 08, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Clear some room in your pm box so I can send back to you. That is probably why you havent heard from anyone else. :) Later, Black n Blue.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 08, 2005 - 04:53 PM

In Hot Springs NC the internet connection is so bad that my riding buddy NCMountainman has to call me to check his PM's and posts! :) :) :D

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 08, 2005 - 06:25 PM

sounds like Montana. Thats a good one. Do you have to read them for him too? :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

• RADRick

Posted June 08, 2005 - 08:26 PM

NC is no longer with us. He recently succumbed and went to the YZ side. His WR is up for sale. Alas, we will miss our dear friend. :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 08, 2005 - 08:29 PM

He wont be able to stay away. He will come in to check on us I am sure. He's got too much to tell us about to just up and leave. Anyway, he must have checked in cause he cleared some room in his mail box. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RADRick

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:58 AM

Anyway, he must have checked in cause he cleared some room in his mail box. :)

He only did that to make room for his new YZ pals. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 09, 2005 - 02:14 PM

He did it to keep up with the local MX bike riders that are pretty fast! :D I rode with a few of them and Daniel "CRF450TrailRider" is "A" class fast on the trails. NC Mountainman kept crashing trying to keep up with him. I was getting primo helmet cam footage without a recorder! :) But I wont be able to keep him in my sights with his new rocket. I guess I may still see some carnage! :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 09, 2005 - 07:26 PM

He only did that to make room for his new YZ pals.

:) :D :D

NC Mountainman kept crashing trying to keep up with him.

Oh, say it isnt so. :D :D

Is the YZ really that much faster on the trails? Just asking because my bro and I were talking about it the other day. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:05 PM

It is way faster with the YZ cam. :) But it can get you in real trouble real fast. I find it harder to ride fast for more than a few minutes on a full blown YZ engine. :D You have to be real strong and very fit to keep it under control. You are basically riding a unicycle in the woods between corners. :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:16 PM

Hmmmm., interesting. Thanks Indy. NC must be pretty good huh?

• ncmountainman

Posted June 10, 2005 - 05:28 AM

Hmmmm., interesting. Thanks Indy. NC must be pretty good huh?

well duhhh! of course i'm pretty good :) but i'm also pretty big (6'4",280+) so it takes a little extra juice to keep my big a$$ up to speed! :D i wreck fairy regular no matter what indy,but you really had to keep that wr on the edge to keep up with daniel. the yz is faster for many reasons,but must be properly set up for off road. and i havn't forgot about the redheaded stepchildren;no alum frames for you! :D maybe this year you'll get the good forks though :) oh and about those forks,your not missin' much. i put my 03 works forks on and sold the new ones. they might be good for MX but they sucked in the woods,and my susp tuner told me they could never be as good as what i had,so out the door they went.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.