RSW Fork Brace

3 replies to this topic
  • jlpskydive

Posted June 08, 2005 - 10:55 AM

Who's running one of these? I know some of you are. My question is how did you install it? What did you torque the bolts to? Did you put it on a stand or just slap it on there? I have one and ran it, but it seems to give the bike a vibration at speed and generally make the bike feel funny. All I have read about the product has been good I just don't get why it's acting like it is. I finally took it off. I only weigh 170 could that be a problem? maybe it's too stiff now? Any help would be great. If not I have one for sale. Thanks.

• ponq

Posted June 08, 2005 - 01:33 PM

I'll take it off your hands if you can't figure out what's wrong.

I doubt it's your weight though.

The only thing I can thik of is maybe somehow you put it on crooked. Have someone hold it straight up and install it then maybe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted June 08, 2005 - 03:17 PM

You have to loosen the axle cap before you put it on. Make sure it does not pull the forks in as you tighten it. if it does it is no good. If it pulls the fork in as you make it tight (or out) it will make the seals leak.

When you tighten the axle cap, you have to tighten the top first then the bottom. They should only be tighten 9 foot pounds

• jlpskydive

Posted June 09, 2005 - 09:32 AM

Thanks man.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.