wisconsin riders

17 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted February 25, 2001 - 09:00 AM

Are there any wisconsin trail riders out there that use thumpertalk?

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 25, 2001 - 12:41 PM

Hi there!! There are a couple of us in this forum. I live in Cambridge , about 10 miles from Madison. I ride in Black River Falls ALOT! I'm always looking for a riding partner.
Dave

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• higgy426

Posted February 25, 2001 - 04:48 PM

Dave

cool I rode alot last year in northern wi
hayward and solon springs I rode a kdx 200
and i had a blast on the trails but was left behind on the railroad beds and fire lanes. so I just purchased a 2001 wr426 and have not even broke it in yet. so finding this forum was great.
how is it to ride in blackriver falls?

• vandan2k

Posted February 25, 2001 - 05:02 PM

Hi there! I live in Edgerton, Wisconsin. That is about 30 minutes from Madison. I am 15 years old and bought a brand new WR 400 in November. I am working at Piggly Wiggly to pay the darn thing off. I rode my other bike on the Monroe Cheese Trails a lot. I have never been on the trails yet with my new bike. I have also never been on the Black River Falls trails either. How are they?

Its nice to know that there are other riders in our area.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 26, 2001 - 04:32 PM

We'll have to get together this spring to go up there, You'll fall in love with these trails, there are the ATV trails, that are wide and sandy, so you can really fly, and then there are the singletrack trails that are AWESOME!! Technical woods riding, with plenty of challenges.
Then there are the Clark county Bike trails that are EXTREMELY technical, and loads of fun.
I also went down to Ottawa IL, and had a blast riding at their off road park.
All these places are only a couple hours from Madison.There is a campground on the trailhead in Black River Falls. The trails are open from May 15, to Oct 15.

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• higgy426

Posted February 26, 2001 - 05:43 PM

Dave
I will be down for sure I am about 2 hours from there. This spring some buddies and I
are heading out to Idaho for some sand duning
so I am really pumped for that.
I have a clark county atv map and was planning to take my son on those trails.
he is 13 and kind of a beginner he rides a kdx 200 so will we still have fun there?

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 27, 2001 - 04:02 AM

The Clark county ATV trails are only for ATV's. I got stopped last year by the trail patrol,and was told that. This might have changed for this year. You better check and find out. those trails are perfect for a beginner, because they are mostly fire roads andwide open logging trails.(read kind of boring). The bike trail they have is fun, but I would not put a beginner on that trail, they would get pretty frustrated.You can put him on the bike trails at Black River Falls though, he would learn alot.Look forward to seeing you there. We'll have to set something up this spring.
Dave

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• vandan2k

Posted February 27, 2001 - 01:05 PM

Come on guys! Let's keep this topic ALIVE! I can't wait to get out on my WR this spring. It will sure be a big difference from my RT100. I know ill have to be careful thought cause a LOT more power.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 27, 2001 - 03:10 PM

Vandan2K,
I work in Stoughton, and I will definetly drag you along on a ride this spring. I go up almost every weekend, so I'm sure you can get off work at least once.
By the way, power is relative, after aw hile you always need MORE!!!

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike_dean

Posted February 27, 2001 - 03:10 PM

Great to hear from Wi. riders, I live in stoughton, ride at Black River Falls about 6-8 times a year with my 12 yr old, wife and friends. Also ride and am a member at Aztalan MX track. Have a YZ 426 00. Raced every weekend for many years. Quit about 10 yrs ago, and just started again last yr.

• mike_dean

Posted February 27, 2001 - 03:19 PM

Dave, I see you live in cambridge and work in stoughton, and you are an auto tech. where do you work? I'm an auto tech living in stoughton and working for Gordie Boucher. Seems like a small world.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 27, 2001 - 04:04 PM

I work at Kayser in Stoughton, used to be Hults. Small world indeed!!

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• mike_dean

Posted February 27, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Dave, I've been riding a couple of times with dave hornung and used to work with him. I have also riden with paul schwanbeck who works at kaysers madison. If you are a ford tech I assume dave is your service advisor. I see dave at the health club he told me he bought a new sv 650, kind of inspired by the guys at work I guess, he should have fun with it. He rides a borrowed atv when I ride with him. Maybe I'll see you up at Black River, or we can plan some kind of group ride up there. By the way I worked at hults for 16 years. ride hard, mike

[This message has been edited by mike dean (edited 02-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mike dean (edited 02-27-2001).]

• higgy426

Posted February 27, 2001 - 06:01 PM

wow

Its cool that there is some people up here in Gods country. Mr dean do you and your son hit the trails together?
I plan on taking my boy on some trail rides.
for sure in black river falls.

mike

• SFO

Posted February 27, 2001 - 06:11 PM

Man, I used to ride brf in the 80's...
That was livin'
For a real treat check out thr trails in the U.P.
They were very tight and ridden lightly...
They also had nice QUIET camping, if the wheel chair(quads)riders are up yodelling all night at brf.

• mike_dean

Posted February 28, 2001 - 03:54 AM

higgy, I do ride with my son at BRF, they have alot of sand up there and it is a little rough on him for more than 4 or 5 hours, he rides a ttr125l but he is a very good rider. He needs a much better bike especially when we ride at the mx track, he uses all the suspension and power it has, I'm afraid he will hurt himself on the jumps when he bottoms out the susp., and he only weighs 85#. It is amazing how fast kids can adapt to different situations, its alot of fun to ride with him where ever we ride. I do take some days at BRF without him though and try to burn up the trails with a few friends. Have Fun, mike

• higgy426

Posted February 28, 2001 - 05:29 AM

MIKE
We should go out riding sometime!!

• mike_dean

Posted February 28, 2001 - 01:24 PM

Higgy, we should set up a time this summer to meet at BRF with the boys, keep in touch when summer rolls around. Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.