Stock Bars too low

12 replies to this topic
  • thomasg

Posted June 07, 2005 - 05:59 PM

WR426 - Any suggestions for higher handlebars, I tried some ATV bars and they felt good but my cables are too short. Any idea for a happy medium?

• kbryant3399

Posted June 07, 2005 - 06:34 PM

they make a riser, it was on my 02 wr426 when i bought mine, PM me if you want it

• Gadsen

Posted June 07, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I took my bars off and bought new Oneal thickwall aluminum ones. They are the "CR" bars, taller and fits me perferctly. I'm 6'0" tall. Lot eaiser on my shoulders, not hunched over. Didnt seem like much difference, but you sure can feel it riding over a long time.

• tp3dxf

Posted June 07, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Try the Windham bend ProTapers. Tall rise great bar.

• SpeedBlitz

Posted June 08, 2005 - 02:34 AM

I think the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX and the Factory 909 Brian Deegan are some of the highest handlebars besides the quad handlebars. I run the Pastrana FMX (121mm high) with Pro Taper adjustable rubber clamp in the most forward position and my cables are not an issue (03WR450). Not sure if I had the clamp in the most rearward position if I would have cable issues. Check the 909 and Pro Taper websites. 909 seems to have a larger selection of tall handlebars.

• banffboy

Posted June 08, 2005 - 06:09 AM

If you're staying with the stock clamps, renthal Jimmy Button Highs. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 08, 2005 - 06:35 AM

If you're staying with the stock clamps, renthal Jimmy Button Highs. :)

Good advice there. :) I had Jimmy Buttons on my 426 when I had the stock triple, they were great. Then I scored a Tag top triple at a bargain price, which is 10mm higher than stock. Now I have Reikon High's, which are virtually the same as JB's.

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted June 08, 2005 - 07:42 AM

I bought some Universal Outdoor bars that are high and have very little sweep back. Love'um.

• J_DOGG

Posted June 08, 2005 - 08:34 AM

Try the Windham bend ProTapers. Tall rise great bar.

I beleive this is the bar I use... don't remember.. I know I aasked for the highest bend they made....any way... They are great, the fit is perfect standing or sitting.

• dirtr1der

Posted June 08, 2005 - 05:37 PM

I put Pro Taper SE KX High Bends on this year. They may seem a bit wide at first, but no more sore back after the riding. I have 2 rides with the new bars and I love 'em.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted June 08, 2005 - 05:47 PM

If I switch to a 1 1/8" bar do I have to get knew mounts for my clutch and brake levers, kill switch and headlight switch? Is this type of bar any better then the 7/8" bars?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 09, 2005 - 04:54 AM

If I switch to a 1 1/8" bar do I have to get knew mounts for my clutch and brake levers, kill switch and headlight switch? Is this type of bar any better then the 7/8" bars?

The larger diameter 'fat' bars aren't any fatter up near your controls, so all your stock levers and switchblocks will be fine. :) As for being better than 7/8" 'bars, generally they are stronger, and resist bending better than the 7/8" size 'bars. Although personally, i've NEVER bent a set of 7/8" Renthals. I have bent/snapped plenty of steel and cheaper alum' 7/8" 'bars though.....

• southernbornWR

Posted August 09, 2005 - 07:24 PM

I have CR hi Renthal Fatty's on my 05 450 with a 10mm riser from Applied Racing. Everything fits right and with the GYTR handguard mounts it is very sturdy.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.