450 jetting for 7000+ feet?

4 replies to this topic
  • PK

Posted June 07, 2005 - 04:27 PM

We are gettin' ready to head up to Colorado for a few weeks of single track trails with the majority of the stuff being around 7000 feet with a few runs up to 10000 feet. Does anybody have any jetting recommendations for that kind of altitude running a stock 03 YZ450?

Thanks in advance,

• CHEEZE13

Posted June 07, 2005 - 06:32 PM

All I have is for the 426 I would be happy to send it to you as a point of reference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted June 08, 2005 - 07:31 PM

Ditto what Cheeze said.

But, based on my experience w/ this w/ a few other bikes, it if were me I'd go ahead and go 2 sizes leaner on pilot, main, and clip position right off the bat. That will be worlds better than stock, that is for certain.

Hope this helps.

• MotoGoalie

Posted June 09, 2005 - 06:35 AM

Dude, did you not see the stickyd thread right above here?????^^^^^^

It has you model of bike, which is mine and the same altitude setup since I live in CO and ride in the area you are interested in.. :) :) :D :D

• PK

Posted June 10, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Thanks fellas. I saw the jetting link but didn't bother going through it as I was looking for some unusual jetting specs, little did I know that you had the info I needed 3 posts from the top. I'm totally stoked about the trip, have your ridden around Taylor Park Resevoir north of Gunnison much?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.