I'm looking to pick up a 426

7 replies to this topic
  • mulisha00

Posted June 07, 2005 - 03:48 PM

I'm looking to pick up a 02 426 in the near future. I don't mind driving but I live in VA, so anything west coast would be too far to drive.

I have two bikes that I would be willing to put towards trade if anyone is interested. 1998 YZ 125 and an 2001 YZ 250.

I have searched alot on this topic and was wondering what to look for on the 426 problem wise and what prices you paid for or sold yours for? Thanks for all your help.

You can email me at dirteater00@ yahoo

:)

• CHEEZE13

Posted June 07, 2005 - 06:28 PM

Well I have been riding 426's a long time, last week I scored one. I found it on E-bay local to me and I won the auction, now, I don't give a Bovine Excrement that that completes the sale. So I drove out and looked the Bike over meticulously.
1st if 00 ask what have they done about the carb bog problem if nothing chances are he's a puss and you need to walk.
2nd Has Motor been opened and why
3rd When were the Bushings and wheel bearings replaced?
4th If 00 what about clutch basket mis-design, if no fix, walk he's a puss.
Just use common sense think about what you would have done if you had owned the bike and then ask buddy those questions.
5th AND MOST IMPORTANT (at least to me) are the hubs like new (granted that they haven't been replaced) that my friend tells volumes about someones care of the bike! (according to me, but Hell I have OCD just kidding) :)

• jamieyz426f01

Posted June 08, 2005 - 02:31 PM

the bog thing is bs :),.... wait for the power for like an extra milisecond! :)

• tonka426

Posted June 08, 2005 - 03:11 PM

i have an 01 426 for sell 2500.00 many many extras and have all stock parts. if interested pm me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mulisha00

Posted June 09, 2005 - 04:47 PM

Here is what I plan on paying for this with. If you want to pick up a 250 in great shape bid away. No reserve. If you are interested in trading let me know cause I want a 426

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MESE:IT

:) :)

• Jeremiah

Posted June 09, 2005 - 04:55 PM

You'll love the 426. Mine is a 2000, but it kicks ass. As for the bog, I agree with Jamie...the bog is bs. You'll neck will be broken before you feel the bog.

Also, it's reliable as can be. I just kicked mine over for the first time in over a month, (I've been out of town), and it started up on the 2nd kick. Best bike ever!

• kizzle426

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:42 PM

I love my bike. Ask the guy how many hours he's ridden it. Look at the wear on the frame, ignition/clutch covers, and the kick starter. It's pretty easy to tell whether or not he's lying. And ask the question the other guy said to ask. Mine's a bit worn but it works great. Have fun when you get it. Long live the YZF :)

• Daz_426_02

Posted June 10, 2005 - 04:54 AM

i have a fairly stock 02 426 (only got a hotcam in it) and i love it !!!
With the reported bog? I have not had that issue luckily. When i crack the throttle its stands straight up.

They are excellent bike and very reliable from what i have read on this forum. Cant go wrong. Good luck :)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.